Thursday, December 07, 2006

Moves Make Me Feel Like a Bad Dad

This week my daughter got a letter from her friend in Ohio. The letter talked about how much the friend missed my daughter. It talked about the activities that they used to do together that the friend now does alone. It talked about how the friend was doing in the elementary school where my kids used to go in Dublin.

I read that and felt like a big jerk. We moved here because of reasons mostly related to me. But we didn't have to move.

I know that families have to move. And my other daughter has a better friend here than she ever did in Dublin.

But I still feel like a big jerk. A really big jerk.

7 Comments:

Blogger IUAngelini said...

Don't feel bad. In the long run you know it was a good decision.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry, you are the best dad!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. The results are in. You're a big jerk.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop and think of why you made the move. Was it you or outside influence? No matter..........it's sad that you are sad.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Samuel D. Bradley said...

Mostly people are being nice. Usually people are lining up to call me an ass.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an ass.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Case in point.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home