Sunday, November 19, 2006

Insult My Politician But Not My Frito Pie


Regular readers know that I spend a good deal of time thinking about how difficult it is to get people to care about politics on television (or any medium), but it's so easy to get them to watch sex and violence.

Today I read an interesting column in the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal by editor Terry Greenberg.

Earlier this month, A-J reporter Henri Brickey wrote a story about the Frito Pie (a southwest delicacy). I remember seeing the story, and I even read a little bit.

Well, it seems that Brickey has received more mail about the Frito Pie story than any other he's written.

"Most people wanted to share what they considered to be the original Frito Pie recipe," Greenberg wrote.

It's funny. Normative theorists would argue that Frito Pies have no business on the front page. But -- like it or not -- people care about Frito Pies. They are passionate about their Frito Pies.

Fret all you want. But my money's on the Frito Pie platform in '08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home