Sunday, November 09, 2008

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I am a hopeless pack rat. Parting is not sweet sorrow.

Yesterday my wife unpacked a couple of pint glasses from the Blue Corn Cafe & Brewery in Santa Fe, N.M. They don't look at all like the ones shown on the Web site.

I found them when I unloaded the dishwasher today.

These particular pints date back to the weekend after my college graduation from New Mexico State in 1997.

It was a great trip ... especially because it was such an exciting time of adventure and things to come.

I don't drink out of them much. But I sure like having them. Seeing them upside down in the dishwasher today caused a great rush of positive affect and nostalgia. It was a great moment on a day that I woke up sick.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Laubacher said...

I'm a pack rat too. Getting rid of those items that can trigger happy memories should be a crime.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home