Saturday, October 25, 2008

Book Contract Feels Like Faustian Deal

I officially signed a book contract this week. Along with three other authors, most notably former advertising department chairman Donald Jugenheimer, we're writing a textbook on research in advertising and public relations.

In the next three months, I will have to write 8 chapters in a little under 90 days. This means that I will have to write more than I have since I was a daily reporter at the Las Cruces Sun-News about a decade ago.

That'd be fine if there weren't these classes to teach and research projects to finish. But there are.

So the blogging will likely suffer. As will the sleep and the family life.

But hopefully it will be a worthwhile journey once we are done.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

good for you sam! that sounds like a ton of work, but a great opportunity! buena suerte, dude

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! I'm so excited for you (and even a little jealous)!

Hope all else is well!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home