Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wisdom from The Paper, Drivel from Me

One of my favorite movies of all time is The Paper with Michael Keaton and Robert Duvall. Love it!

Since I used to be a newspaper man, it tugs at my heart.

Anyway, in one scene, the divorced, disowned by his daughter, borderline alcoholic, prostate cancer having Duvall is sitting on a barstool talking about life.

And the Internet is ticking me off by not revealing this quotation, but he says something akin to:

Between your work, your house, and your family, they want more than you have to give. There are only 24 hours in a day. So your crap on your family because they're people, and they'll understand.

So that's basically how I feel working so much lately. Sorry family.

As I was writing this, the wife comes by and says, "I thought you were going to spend time with me."

Oops. Gotta go.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home