Saturday, November 22, 2008

Some Late November Observations

  • It seems as if we have been three weeks from the end of the semester for an eternity. It truly will never end.
  • We're doing several faculty searches, which has me looking toward the future and what this place should look like.
  • The quality of applications suggests that we have turned a corner at Texas Tech.
  • It's exciting that really good people want to be here.
  • My office is once again a complete wreck. It's embarrassing that I have three desks covered several inches deep in papers and books.
  • I really enjoy my colleagues. I feel lucky to work in a great place.
  • They call Twitter microblogging, and it has certainly harmed my macroblogging.
  • Thanksgiving is scheduled at a really annoying time.
  • Data analysis always beats writing. Unless, of course, that writing is blogging.
  • My life was better before Facebook and MySpace.
  • I wish that my e-mail would go into a secret folder on my BlackBerry so that I could see it when I wanted to without being forced to deal with it.
  • I'm not going into the office today. First Saturday in as long as I can remember.
  • I will still be working from home.
  • I'm the happiest I have been in late November in as long as I can remember.
  • No matter how great your kids and spouse, you can eventually test their patience with consecutive 12 hour days.
  • You've been working too much when your four-year-old asks you if you've been out-of-town.
  • I have no idea what I want to teach in Fall 2009. It may seem silly, but I have to decide relatively soon, and I am completely conflicted.
  • My wife and I are long overdue to go out to dinner alone.
  • Long overdue.
  • We've had dinner along like once in the past year.
  • I'm nostalgic for K-State football and Indiana basketball.
  • Despite the fact that both sucked/will suck this year.
  • A week from now, I will be in New Mexico, which is one of the best parts of living in Lubbock.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger theaudioprof said...

Recently I stopped Twittering.
Also unsubscribed to all listserv activity that I haven't read in at least the last 2 months.

My inbox is emptier, my blood pressure lower.

Also removed CNN, ESPN, AEJMC and the Chronicle from my homepage...four less tempting clicks to keep me from important stuff.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home