Friday, June 01, 2007

How Are You Going to Secure the Transducer?

I've been a bit of a slouch posting lately due to the trip to San Francisco (see pictures on Dr. Rob Potter's Web site).

In the interim, I wanted to relay a funny story.

We are in the process of purchasing some new equipment for the psychophysiology lab. Specifically, we're trying to choose between a couple of new measures that I have never used before.

The impetus behind this is a study idea of Wes Wise, a master's student here at Texas Tech. Since Wes knows the study best, I asked him to call Coulbourn Instruments to see what we needed.

Now, Wes is a top notch master's students, and I would clone him if I could (hello, Dolly), but he is new to the psychophysiology game. And the poor guy was felled by the second question:

"How are you going to secure the transducer?" he was asked.

To listen to him explain it still makes me laugh out loud. He mumbles something about the flux capacitor, vaguely mentions armed guards, and generally panics.

I cannot do Wes's sense of humor justice here, obviously. But he forever has a catch phrase in my mind.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger IUAngelini said...

Flux Capacitor? Har!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was pulled over for driving 85 mph on 270 right before Christmas. I wonder if the patrolman would have bought, "Sir, I had to get it up to 88 if I was going to be able to go back in time!"???

I probably would have been given a DUI without even being drunk.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home