Friday, October 27, 2006

Coca-Cola Blak in Vancouver

Coca-Cola Blak is given away in Vancouver


VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Coca-Cola Blak has been a personal case study for me. I used Coke Blak as a teaching point at Ohio State and now at Texas Tech.

This summer, some of my advertising students developed a campaign for Coke Blak. We talked about how buzz marketing would be important for the brand.

Seems Coca-Cola was thinking the same thing. We walked out of the Hyatt hotel today and there was a Coke Blak truck giving away samples. Buzz marketing. Not sure whether it will work, but it was nice to see.

My students still think Coke Blak tastes bad, which does not bode well for its long-term success.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't usually act all litigious and stuff; but I'm really wondering how they can be so careless as to not have check with me first -- you know, they didn't even offer me a free case of the stuff. -Dan Oblak

Without even asking permission, Coke tries to capitalize on my good name...

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home