Monday, October 03, 2005

Over Easy

There are days when life seem to turn on a dime. Today was one of those weird days. The high- and low-lights of the day:

  • chatted with colleague about great NMSU hoops teams of early 1990s
  • great meeting with an undergraduate interested in research
  • I get the new office I want ... it has real A/C
  • Like my on-hold lab, it needs a new lock
  • I spend hours looking for data lost in move
  • unexpected e-mail from New Mexico brightens my day ...
  • ... but said e-mail revisits homesickness
  • after 330 sunny days a year, you are forever changed
  • too much coffee leaves me twitching like some kind of smack addict
  • why in the $*%& is it 85 degrees in Ohio in October?
  • I find that about 20-30 hours of work (data) is lost in move
  • another motivated undergraduate interested in research
  • care package with new pants arrives from mom. It seems a Ph.D. does not preclude care packages from home. This is a good thing.
  • motivated undergrads? This is why I came to OSU

All-in-all, it turned out to be a great day. But man were there some weird turns along the way. Just another day on the high plains of the Doctoral Extensive landscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home