Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Media Bias

Mostly, I will avoid all politics on this Weblog. Scientific research has shown that most claims about media bias are greatly overstated. However, I saw an interesting difference in coverage between two major news Web sites today.

Headlines
cnn.com: Bush cutting short vacation
foxnews.com: Bush Pledges Support

Unfortunately for media critics, between the time that I pondered this post and the time that I wrote it, foxnews.com switched to the cutting vacation short angle. Thus, the perceived "left" and perceived "right" Web sites came to agreement on the headline at least. My guess is that the AP wire headline took the vacation angle on the writethru and when the story was updated, the AP headline was used instead of the locally written version.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home