Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another Piece of the Lab


The lab seems to be coming together. I am told that the psychophysiology equipment is sitting on the loading dock waiting to be shipped. In the meantime, I took advantage of the good fortune of having my father in town. Borrowing a good idea from my friends in Indiana, I wanted a shelf for the equipment. The shelf adds a second layer and keeps the equipment from sprawling all over a desk.

We spent most of the day today putting the shelf together using my new table saw -- something I thought I would never own. As someone who studies emotion, I read a lot about snakes, phobias, and anxiety. Well, I am saw-phobic. And I hated this, too. But the end result turned out nice, thanks to dad. We made it out of 3/4 inch plywood with a nice oak hardwood veneer. We also added a thin strip of oak veneer to the outside of the plywood, so the shelf looks like hardwood.

Although this shelf will be a great addition to the Communication & Cognition lab at OSU, the best part of the project was spending another day working with my dad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home