Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dr Pepper: Lone Star Lovemark


Most days I quite love my job. I love going to work every day trying to figure out how the brain works. Earlier this week, I was in the lab running an experiment.
One of the experiments we are doing involves having participants look at brand logos. We measure, among other things, activity in the facial muscles associated with smiling and frowning.
Bored as I was to be in the lab yet again, I was staring at the screen watching the anonymous participant's physiological reactions.
When the Dr Pepper logo popped up ... wow! The blue line indicative of activity over the orbicularis oculi muscle group went through the roof. A huge smile. [We're not measuring zygomaticus major activity this time, which I will explain later].
Huge smile!
You see, Dr Pepper hails from Texas. They pretty much love it here. I love it, too. It is a Lovemark of mine. Theirs, too.

And I think that it is too, too cool that when they see the logo they cannot help but smile. Imagine sitting in an overly warm room with a bunch of wires stuck to you. You're there only for extra credit. You just want to get done and get out of there.

But then you see the Dr Pepper logo. And you cannot help but smile.

Too cool.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger IUAngelini said...

Dr. Pepper - Blech!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say that in Texas, and you might get the death penalty!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home