Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Seriously? A Tornado? Today?

Ever since Friday the 13th, my life has been a freakshow.


  • We got stuck at Burlington, Vt., Denny's with no taxi.
  • Real Vermont maple syrup is terrible compared to Mrs. Buttersworth.
  • I witnessed a hit-and-run car accident and police chase.
  • The fire alarm went off at my hotel at 3 a.m.
  • I was denied a tour of Ben & Jerry's, one of my goals in life.
  • Seriously, I went all the way to Vermont in part to see the darned ice cream place, and the factory was closed, and I got one tiny scoop in a cup because I was yelled at and told the tour buses were leaving without us.
  • The same thing happened at the Vermont cheese place 10 minutes later.
  • We flew out of Vermont and dodged a major snowstorm by 15 minutes.
  • Somehow I made instant friends with every eccentric person that I walked by at three airports.

And now I return to a physiology study that must be run by the end of the semester. And we cannot collect physiological data in a storm. The 1 p.m. subject no-showed. Lucky thing. I looked outside about a half hour later, and it looked like nightfall.

There was a tornado warning. Hail was coming down like crazy. We had to go to the basement.

So much for 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms, eh?

I am afraid to get out of bed tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,

Remember... What happens in Vermont, stays in Vermont!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what happened in room 242 shouldn't happen again ;)

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home