Seriously? A Tornado? Today?
- We got stuck at Burlington, Vt., Denny's with no taxi.
- Real Vermont maple syrup is terrible compared to Mrs. Buttersworth.
- I witnessed a hit-and-run car accident and police chase.
- The fire alarm went off at my hotel at 3 a.m.
- I was denied a tour of Ben & Jerry's, one of my goals in life.
- Seriously, I went all the way to Vermont in part to see the darned ice cream place, and the factory was closed, and I got one tiny scoop in a cup because I was yelled at and told the tour buses were leaving without us.
- The same thing happened at the Vermont cheese place 10 minutes later.
- We flew out of Vermont and dodged a major snowstorm by 15 minutes.
- Somehow I made instant friends with every eccentric person that I walked by at three airports.
And now I return to a physiology study that must be run by the end of the semester. And we cannot collect physiological data in a storm. The 1 p.m. subject no-showed. Lucky thing. I looked outside about a half hour later, and it looked like nightfall.
There was a tornado warning. Hail was coming down like crazy. We had to go to the basement.
So much for 20% chance of isolated thunderstorms, eh?
I am afraid to get out of bed tomorrow.