Thursday, December 14, 2006

Two Hires Push Texas Tech Toward Top

We're on the verge of being a top program here at Texas Tech. This morning we had a good faculty. We already had made three solid hires this year. The future is bright.

Then I got an e-mail that a top candidate accepted our offer. Thirty minutes later we got another such e-mail. Those e-mails made my day.

I shan't drop names here -- lest someone's grandmother find out someone's moving to Tech by Googling their name and finding this -- but these two additions are top notch.

It's difficult to get the people you want. We've had our top choices walk away at Indiana and Ohio State. It happens. People have family pressures. People have geographical preferences. I get it.

But it means something to be able to attract your top choices. Heck, I've been recruiting one new colleague since 2002. Sure, I got compared to a used car salesman in the process, but I am passionate about getting good people here.

Top-to-bottom, I will put our 2007-08 faculty up against any other top 10 Ph.D. program in mass communications. Our CVs match up, and our publication records match up.

And we have more fun than any other program that comes to mind. And you cannot put a price on that.

Wreck 'Em Tech!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

10:11 PM  
Blogger H. said...

You're such a cheerleader for Tech :)

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They must have heard about your amazing good looks.

11:38 AM  
Blogger IUAngelini said...

Congrats on the hire.

Sure wish I could find a job.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoda says, "Patience need you, young Jedi."

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home