Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reasons to Never Travel by Air


I hate to fly. I used to like it. Now I don't.
Perhaps it is because I am a control freak, and you have no control on a plane.
Right now, my half brother is stuck in Denver under two feet of snow. He has been there since 8 a.m. Wednesday. He has no idea when he will be able to leave.
Two other friends are stuck on the tarmac in Houston. They were flying here to see us ... due to arrive at 4:02 p.m. Instead the Houston airport is closed due to lightning. They are on the runway watching the light show.
This map shows current lighting activity (thanks to ultra cool site, Vaisala). Note how the country is almost free of lightning ... except for friggin' Houston.
To summarize, I know three people traveling by air today. All three are being hosed by fate.
Airlines: boo, hiss!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, it's all relative.

I don't know how that applies here, but use it to help substitute for all the life sux talk.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home