Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lab Alumnus Joins Agency Ranks

Congratulations go out today to soon-to-be lab alumnus Tim Laubacher, who has been hired as an account planner for a Columbus-area advertising agency.

Tim has the distinction of being my first-ever graduate student, and he will defend his master's thesis next week. Since I was unable to make it physically to Columbus for the defense, I had to officially abdicate my title as advisor, but I will not give up credit for such a talented graduate student that easily.

Mr. Laubacher will do well in the ad game, but I'm still holding out hope that I will be able to lure him to the Hub City for a Ph.D. in a few years. Tim, you're just too darned smart not to be Dr. Laubacher.

Tim has been an excellent student, a solid teaching assistant, a valued lab member, and a good friend. Congratulations, Tim. Indeed, you are a real man of genius.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sam! I'm also a real man of anonymity.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home