Thursday, January 26, 2006

Snowglobe Joins Family


I learned a lot about research working in Annie Lang's lab at Indiana University, but I also learned to collect snow globes. The tradition is to add a snowglobe to the lab's collection whenever a research paper is presented at an academic conference. But it is also pretty cool to have snow globes in general.

As a Christmas present, I received my coolest snowglobe to-date from relatives in Kansas City (thanks Amy and Bev!). This Ohio State snowglobe not only depicts actual campus buildings, but it also plays Carmen Ohio, a song central to OSU. This makes it a perfect complement to my "7-Time National Champions" OSU snowglobe from my colleague James Angelini, which plays the OSU fight song.

You can read more about our IU snowglobe tradition -- and see a horrible picture of me -- in IU Telecom's alumni newsletter.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're running out of material.... Your fav lab manager.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can these be bought

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

I am mostly interested in the snow globe of the campus and plays carmen ohio song

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home