Monday, March 03, 2008

Your Ad Here: An Experiment

Regular readers will likely notice ads at the top of this page. Please understand that this is no desperate attempt to make money -- indeed I doubt that I'll never have enough click throughs to generate a check from Google.

Instead, this in an attempt to better understand the medium. During a lecture on Thursday night, I learned some new things about Google's AdSense program. My curiosity raised, I began to investigate.

The ads are there for me to learn from. The particular ad that is featured is part of the broader concept of search engine optimization. I want to know how my words trigger key words for Google.

So, with apologies to Dr. Rob Potter, I have added more clutter to the world. My apologies. But I believe the intentions to be good.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger theaudioprof said...

I'm going to work on my Blog TIVO mechanism to skim through your ads!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Let me know how it goes. I want to do it on my site, but I'd have to move it off Wordpress (they don't allow ads, which is smart) and onto my own domain. I figure I might as well try to get money from my ramblings.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home