Friday, January 19, 2007

Redenbacher Resurrection Ads Disturbing



I was watching television with the wife last night, when I was suddenly driven into a week of nightmares by the ghoulish Silly Putty-esque remake of poor Orville Redenbacher. The ad (by creative guru firm Crispin) is creepy and unrealistic.

Here's what Ken Wheaton had to say on Adage.com:

"When Crispin first won the account, I joked privately that they'd dig Orville Redenbacher from the grave. Well, that seems to be exactly what the agency did, presenting an unsuspecting audience with an iPod-wearing, dead-eyed zombie.

"Firstly, the Orville zombie sounds nothing like the original. More important, it is visually jarring ... my emotions ranged from "this is amateurish-looking crap" to "holy jeebum crow, this scares the hell out of me" -- especially near the end, when the Orville zombie's shoulder start hitching and it looks as if he's about to hack up a hairball."

I saw Mr. Redenbacher in person once at some sort of chili cookoff in Phoenix. Poor ol' Indiana guy never could have seen this one coming.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen it, too, and at first I thought it was some sort of joke. Unfortunately, it wasn't and O.R. will probably suffer irreparable brand damage.

That ad was just creepy, plain and simple.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home