Friday, July 11, 2008

Tech President Appears to Be Solid Choice

Regular readers will know that Texas Tech's choice for a new president has been a topic of great concern for me.

Last week Tech announced the University of Missouri at Kansas City chancellor Guy Bailey has been named the sole finalist for the position (read news release here).

I do not know much about Bailey personally, but everything that I have read sounds very promising. He seems to have great potential as a president.

This bodes well for Tech's future and relieves a great deal of anxiety for me.

However, I still strongly oppose the process of a sole finalist. It is my conviction that multiple candidates must come to campus, and there must be dialog with the entire campus community.

In this case, the choice of a president is a bit like sausage: I like the end product, but I am not too fond of the way it is made.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home