Friday, July 06, 2007

Aluminum Beer Bottle Surprisingly Cool


A little more than a month ago, I was sitting defeated in the Lubbock "International" Airport. On our way to San Francisco, we had taken off for Dallas. Halfway there, storms closed the airport. So we circled back to the LBK.

Already not a fan of flying, I had reached my limit. Along with travelling partner, Wendy, I looked toward the airport bar.

It was packed.

We retreated to the food court. There I spotted a $5 aluminum bottle of Bud Light beer. For airport prices, this was a bargain ... especially considering the full 16 oz. "Tall Boy" quantity.

Before we finally took off again for DFW, we cleaned out the food court's meager supply.

And I must admit that I have been taken by the aluminum bottle. A simple concept, really. But I find it fascinating. And at least in Lubbock, it's a unique selling proposition.

So, thanks, Anheuser-Busch. This Bud's for you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's too bad you can't get Great Lakes Brewing Co. beer down in Lubbock.

Burning River and Eliot Ness are two beer favorites of mine.

Visit Ohio sometime.

- TBone

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home