Monday, November 07, 2005

Lab Coming Together

This week will mark a new chapter in the Communication & Cognition lab at Ohio State. We will have our first regularly schedule lab meeting. To be sure, the group will be small at first. However, I am confident that our talented core will be the beginning of many good things to come.

As all lab meetings do, the pending nature of this one is forcing to marshal my thoughts, which is a good thing. Ever since leaving the structure of the ICR at Indiana, I have been walking around with myriad thoughts in my head but no structure or organization. So, in addition to giving a mid-term this week, I will be trying to document all of the ongoing projects in my head.

In addition, the OSU undergraduate research awards are due next week, and I have two undergraduates that I hope to get funded. So it is a good -- if not hectic -- time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on a start!
the team is good!
the ship is strong!
have a happy journey captain Sam.

10:25 AM  
Blogger theaudioprof said...

Hey Sam--
Good luck on getting the lab group started there. It's a hectic time, for sure, but a good one. Best thing to do is put the sign on the door declaring your lab and meet regularly.

Hope to hear from you soon.
rob

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home